America’s Most Preferred Home Warranty Company
When selecting a home warranty, choose American Home Shield®, the founder and leader of the home warranty industry. Our goal is to make owning a home easier by helping our customers protect their budgets from large, unexpected covered repair costs. We do more than just repair and replace your covered items – let us help make your home ownership easier, too.
If one of your home’s appliances or systems breaks down, it can mean more than your air conditioning or dryer not working — it can also mean having to cover an unexpected expense.
Instead of paying the full retail cost to repair or replace a covered item, an American Home Shield Home Warranty helps you manage the costs of unexpected covered breakdowns. And the best part, you can submit service requests online or by phone 24/7.
We Can Help – Whether You’re Buying or Selling a Home.
Home Buyer Benefits
- Gain confidence and comfort knowing your hard-earned investment is covered by an industry leader.
- Protect your home and budget from the costs of covered repairs related to undetectable pre-existing conditions, such as lack of maintenance and mismatched systems.
- Trust the reliability of our nationwide network of service professionals.
Home Seller Benefits
- Mitigate unexpected, covered issues from the home inspection to keep your sale on track.*
- Market your listing more effectively by confirming your home is covered against unexpected, covered breakdowns.
- Maintain your budget by managing the potentially high costs of covered repairs on included systems.*
*Subject to a $2,000 cap for all trades during the listing period.
Why Choose American Home Shield?
Every plan CAN HELP PROTECT YOUR BUDGET:
- You won’t have to pay the full cost of repairing or replacing items covered by your home warranty plan.
- We’ll repair or replace your covered items, regardless of their age — and we don’t require a home inspection or maintenance records.
- If a covered item can’t be repaired, we'll replace it or offer an alternative solution.
Know your home is covered.
For more than 45 years, our goal has remained the same — to help protect our customers’ homes, while providing convenient and excellent service.
We stand by our work.
We have over 15,000 licensed and qualified service professionals.
We’re here for you.
What Plans Are Offered by American Home Shield?
American Home Shield offers three high-value home warranty plans to choose from when you are in a real estate transaction:
- ShieldCompleteSM Offers the most comprehensive coverage, including the items in ShieldEssential and ShieldPlus combined, and some additional home items (like garage door openers and doorbells).
- ShieldPlusSM Covers items included in the ShieldEssential Plan, plus many other common, major household appliances.
- ShieldEssentialSM Covers components of the most critical home systems that are often the most expensive to repair and replace (heating*, air conditioning, plumbing and more).
*Not available in HI
Seller Coverage Option*:
Regardless of the plan selected, qualified home sellers can add the Seller Coverage Option while the home is on the market for up to 6 months (term renewable upon request and at the discretion of American Home Shield). This addition will help protect home sellers with coverage on air conditioning, heating, ductwork, plumbing, electrical systems, water heaters, and more. Best of all, no plan payment is due until the home closes.
*Subject to a $2,000 cap for all trades during the listing period
The Extras – Discover the Perks of Having American Home Shield
• Rekey Service
A service professional will rekey up to six keyholes for exterior hinged doors, and provide you with four identical keys for the price of your Trade Service Call Fee.
• Pre-season Tune-ups
To ensure your HVAC systems are functioning properly, pre-season tune-ups are available (spring: A/C; fall: heating) for $75 per unit.
• HelloTech TV Installation**
A tech will install a bracket (provided by you), mount your TV, connect it to Wi-Fi, and set up your Smart TV apps. They’ll have things up and running in about an hour for $99.†
**Only for TVs 60 inches or smaller, to be mounted onto drywall backed by wooden studs. Mounting brackets not included. Additional charges for different surfaces, metal studs and TVs larger than 60 inches. Not available in all states.
†Additional HelloTech services are not subject to the special discounted rate.
• Coming soon!
Additional services we’re working on include an electronics protection plan, pest control coverage, house cleaning services, garage door tune-ups, electrician services — and more!
We pass our discounts on name brand appliances to you.
Get up to 30% to 50% off retail prices on filters for your A/C and furnace filters. And, we’ll deliver them to your door.